Contact GoodyBurrett here
Sale and purchase of a business
If you are considering buying or selling a business, our experienced Corporate and Commercial Team are here to help with every element of the transaction, including:
- Exit strategies and the best structure to adopt
- Advising on the heads of terms
- Preliminary confidentiality agreements – to ensure that information discussed remains confidential
- Legal due diligence, to ensure that there is an informed exchange of information
- Negotiating the terms of the agreement, to set out all the terms of the transaction
- Advising on appropriate warranties to be given by the seller in relation to the company and its business
- Overseeing completion and attending to necessary filing requirements
- Advising on ‘TUPE transfers’ of employees in asset sales and purchases.
While we don’t give tax advice on these transactions, except regarding the Stamp Duty due on share purchases, we will liaise with your accountants on any tax issues to ensure the transaction flows smoothly.
We can also assist with management buy-outs, group restructuring, and the funding a business purchase may need.
Any property aspects of the transaction will be dealt with by our expert colleagues in our Commerical Property Team.
We are knowledgeable, helpful and pragmatic, and we will expertly guide you through what can often be a complex transaction.
Solicitor and Head of Commercial Department, Colchester
Email: [email protected]
“It really means a lot to us to have someone we like and can trust backing us up in the way you do”